MOBILE APP TESTING OF STREET PATROLLING APP
The client is a Swedish security provider agency.
The key function of the application were to enable users in need to get help from the closest Security officer on the road using GPS. So client choose us to provide full functional, compatibility, performance and security testing of the app on wide ranges of devices.
- The team reviewed the application and created test cases against the requirement.
- Identified the targeted users and most popular devices in the area.
- Finalized the list of platform versions and devices to test the app based on expected user.
- Created the test scripts covering the test cases to automate the test.
- Used open source tool Appium to perform User Interface and functionality testing.
- Perform testing using emulators to verify app functioning on different mobile devices.
- Test app performance using Jmeter.
- Followed installation, interruption testing, network testing on various networks on numerous real devices.
- Performed security assessment using open source tool Drozer to identify any possible vulnerability.
- Reused the test scripts for updated test cases after bug fixes to perform regression testing.
- Could use same scripts on hundreds of device saved efforts.
- Using open source tools reduced the testing cost.
- Team managed to test the application behaviour on different devices using emulators.
- Apache Jmeter