FUNCTIONALITY TESTING FOR A MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The client is a leading media and entertainment company based in France providing platform to actors to create portfolio on their website where they can be approached from production houses or ad agencies for movies, TV shows, web series and advertisements. They allows users to get subscription for the services.
Client has actors and producers registration on their website with an administrator panel. The requirement was to have a separate QA team to test their web application, admin panel and mobile app. User friendliness, quality of videos, images and functionality has also to be tested. The application have to be tested in all possible browsers, OS and Handheld devices. As the website is multilingual so localization testing also required.
- Our qualified and well-experienced QA team explored the whole application and started testing.
- As admin panel serves as a source for a number of similar web applications with different themes and UI. Admin panel is vigorously tested with frequent enhancements and change requests.
- UI testing is done with usability and accessibility in mind with exact pixel verification.
- The end-to-end functionality testing covered all the scenarios on the basis of end users perspective uncovered several critical bugs before release.
- Quality of each video player is ensured with different video formats.
- Uploading different formats of images has been tested.
- Verified the website for the different languages.
- Shared google docs was maintained for bug reporting and tracking for the team involved.
- Performed cross browser testing along with different platforms such as MAC and windows.
- Tested the application in iphone and android devices with different resolutions.
- User friendliness of the application improved by manual testing.
- Cross browser testing improve the user experience in different environments.
- Overall QA helped to achieve customer delight.
- Manual testing and browser ad-ons reduce the cost.